Recipe by Stacky5
This sounds so good and easy to make. I haven't tried it yet, but the recipe is courtesy of an e-mail I received from Chet's Crock. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
Top Review by stgmngrjan
At 3 hours the rice wasn't close to being done. I turned the crock pot to high and cooked another 1/1/2-2 hours. I enjoy the taste but the cook time being so far off caused problems, thus the rating.
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 3 limes)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In your crock pot, mix together the corn, black beans, green chilies, onion, bell pepper, rice, boiling water, orange juice concentrate, 1/4 cup of the lime juice, the cumin, and the chili powder.
- Cover and cook on the low heat setting 2 3/4 to 3 hours.
- Stir in the remaining 2 Tbs lime juice, the cilantro, and salt. Mix well. Serve hot.