1/3 Photos of Crock Pot Mexi-Meatball Rice Soup
A simple and comforting crock pot soup. It's so easy that the only work you have to do is chop the onions and cilantro; the rest is a "dump and go"! Recipe is very adjustable to fit everyone's diet preferences: if you're watching your fat intake and/or are watching carbs, use cooked turkey meatballs, omit the rice and use low fat or fat free toppings. You can also use low sodium broth and tomatoes, if watching your salt intake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 16 ounces cooked frozen meatballs (beef) or 16 ounces turkey meatballs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream, garnish (optional)
- shredded cheese, garnish (optional)
- 1Chop onions and cilantro.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- 3Cook for 4 hours on High or cook for 8-9 hours on Low.
- 4Ladle soup in bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Mexi-Meatball Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.1
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 1516.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: