Recipe by TheDancingCook
A simple and comforting crock pot soup. It's so easy that the only work you have to do is chop the onions and cilantro; the rest is a "dump and go"! Recipe is very adjustable to fit everyone's diet preferences: if you're watching your fat intake and/or are watching carbs, use cooked turkey meatballs, omit the rice and use low fat or fat free toppings. You can also use low sodium broth and tomatoes, if watching your salt intake.
Top Review by seal angel
I only had 1 can chicken broth. So I added water and chicken and beef boullion. One can of Rotel, anymore and my daughter wouldn't have ate it. Would of been to spicy! Added carrots, celery, zuchinni, sliced onions, and garlic. Made my own meatballs. I tried it with cheese and sour cream but perferred it without. Added diced radish on top. My brother had his tonsils removed so I put some in a blender and pureed it for him.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 16 ounces cooked frozen meatballs (beef) or 16 ounces turkey meatballs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream, garnish (optional)
- shredded cheese, garnish (optional)