Recipe by Olha
A blondie is a brownie flavored with butterscotch instead of chocolate. This delectable dessert has cake on the top and sauce on the bottom. This can also be served cold, with whipped cream. You can use chocolate chips which are a great addition, butterscotch chips or a combination of butterscotch and chocolate chips is equally delicious.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- in a separate bowl, beat 1 cup brown sugar with butter until creamy. stir in vanilla. add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. stir in chips and nuts, if using. spread mixture evenly in prepared slow cooker stoneware.
- in a heatproof measure, combine remaining brown sugar and boiling water. pour over batter. cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until cake layer looks cooked. serve warm with vanilla ice cream. serves 6-8.
- delicious & dependable slow cooker recipes.