8 hrs 15 mins
I love menudo but I don't care for pig's feet so I have used the following recipe for quite a few years. Easiest method is to use a package of "Menudo Mix" which can be found in the hispanic aisle of most grocery stores. In case you rather use the individual spices, I am including those starting with oregano. This recipe can also be cooked on the stove top by simmering on low for 5-6 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb of honeycomb tripe, rinsed and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy, drained
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder (more or less according to taste, not part of menudo spice mix)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red chili pepper
- 8 -10 cups water or 8 -10 cups beef stock
- 1Add tripe, stew meat, hominy, spices together in crock pot.
- 2Cover with water or beef stock.
- 3Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Menudo With Beef
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.7
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.2 mg
- Sodium 236.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 20.2 g