Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this recipe from a friend at work about 8 years ago. It's been my husband's favorite meal ever since. He's requesting it for his special Father's Day Dinner this weekend. This meal is so super easy and so rewarding. I usually put it all together in the crock pot before I leave for work in the morning and, when I get home, it's ready to serve. Cooks up a delicious gravy and goes great with mashed potatoes!
- 5 -6 cube steaks
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Place cubed steaks in crock pot and set on "Low".
- Mix together cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup and water in bowl and pour over top of cubed steaks.
- Cook for 8-10 hours. Steaks will be so tender, they may fall apart when you take them out.
I have been making this for years, but with only one can of soup and a little added Worcestershire sauce. I decided to try to make it OAMC, and it worked beautifully! I mixed the soup, water, sauce and Copycat Lipton's Onion Soup Mix, then put them in a ziplock freezer bag. I put the cube steaks in a large freezer bag, then dropped the small bag with the soup mixture inside. It was frozen for about 2 months before I thawed it and made it in my crock pot. It worked wonderfully! Thanks for a delicious, easy, and OAMC friendly steak!
Very tasty! I used 4 cube steaks, 2 cans garlic cream of mushroom soup, one can beef consomme, and i pkg. beefy onion soup.
Pretty good but we felt it needed a bit more seasoning...I will definately make it again but will add some Garlic and some Red Pepper Flakes to give it a little kick. Served it with Veggies and Garlic Bread, which was great for sopping up the gravy.