8 hrs 30 mins
Michelle S.'s Note:
I made this up one day when pondering what to fix for my turn at "snack" day at work. It is a nicely different pasta sauce. Not quite regular spaghetti and not quite cacciatore. It was a hit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (with sliced olives)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb button mushroom, whole
- 1/2 lb sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1In a nonstick skillet brown Italian sausage well.
- 2Remove from skillet; cut into quarters and place in crock pot.
- 3Brown chicken thighs in sausage drippings.
- 4Cut chicken quarters and place in crock pot.
- 5Add remaining ingredients to crock pot.
- 6Cook 8 hours on low.
- 7Serve over pasta (I prefer penne) with freshly grated cheese.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Mediterranean Chicken and Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.1
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.5 mg
- Sodium 1418.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence