Recipe by Michelle S.
I made this up one day when pondering what to fix for my turn at "snack" day at work. It is a nicely different pasta sauce. Not quite regular spaghetti and not quite cacciatore. It was a hit.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (with sliced olives)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, whole
- 1⁄2 lb sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick skillet brown Italian sausage well.
- Remove from skillet; cut into quarters and place in crock pot.
- Brown chicken thighs in sausage drippings.
- Cut chicken quarters and place in crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot.
- Cook 8 hours on low.
- Serve over pasta (I prefer penne) with freshly grated cheese.