Recipe by Betsie Eikenberry
This is a great dish that can cook just about as long as you need it to! Throw it in before you go out for the day and you will have an effortless dinner in the evening!
Top Review by CookGordon
I thought this made a tasty meatloaf. I used Dijon Mustard and followed the recipe as written except I only cooked it in my crockpot for six hours on low heat. The potatoes were cooked completely and I am not sure why the previous post had undercooked potatoes. I even froze one of them and heated it a couple of weeks later and it was still tasty. Be careful that the meatloaf does not touch the crockpot sides or it will burn.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 3 cups prepared stuffing or 3 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup mustard
- 3 large baking potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Line the bottom of the crock pot with potatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, ketchup and mustard together.
- Add ground beef, onion soup mix, and stuffing or bread crumbs to the egg mixture and mix all together well.
- Shape meat mixture into two loaves and place in crock pot on top of potatoes.
- Drizzle ketchup on the top of the loaves.
- Set crock pot to high for an hour or until you leave, then set to low for 8-10 hours.