Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Very easy to put together and will provide you with a tasty, economical meal. Great with mashed potatoes.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices bread, torn into fine pieces
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Mix together the ground beef, soup mix, green pepper, onions, eggs and breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl, mix catsup and brown sugar.
- Mix the catsup mixture into the ground beef mixture.
- Form into a meatloaf and place into the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hrs or on high for 4 hours.
We really enjoyed this meatloaf. I used a red pepper instead of green, and panko for the bread crumbs, but otherwise followed the recipe. I made Pammy's Awesome Easy Gravy to spoon over it, and what a tasty entree we ended up with! Only thing was, I had just a little over a pound of ground beef, so I halved the ingredients and ended up with a smaller meatloaf of course, which left us bickering over that last piece...