Recipe by Tish
An easy meal to make regardless if in crock pot or oven...still I love crock pot recipes because you can come home and dinner is done! Tomatoes may be changed to alternate topping of your chose. Also you may freeze this meatloaf and drop in the crock pot...cook a couple of hours more.
Top Review by Derf
Had never tried meatloaf in the crockpot, so had to have a go at it. Not bad, but I think something was lost in the process, there was not a lot of taste. I think I would add more dry mustard and more garlic next time. It took about 6 hours to cook which was perfect timing for our dinner. Served salsa at the table with it, to add a little zing. It did make good meatloaf sandwiches for lunch the next day, with added mustard, onion slices, dill pickle, kinda like a meatloaf cold hamburger sandwich. We found it to be better the next day as a sandwich. Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the milk and the bread in a large mixing bowl, and let stand until the bread has adsorbed all the milk.
- With two forks, break the bread into crumbs.
- Beat the ground beef into the crumbs until well mixed.
- Make a hollow in the center of the meat and break the eggs into it.
- Beat the eggs a little; then grate the onions into the eggs.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and mustard.
- Beat the eggs into the beef.
- Shape into a round cake and place in the slow cooker.
- Drain the tomatoes, and place them on the meat.
- Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 7 hours.