Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I've love quick and easy recipes and this is just packed with flavor! Several other recipes aren't quite as moist, so I've adapted several recipes into my own. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1⁄2 cup Club crackers, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup or 1 cup salsa
- Combine beef, egg, and other ingredients (excluding milk and ketchup or salsa)in a mixing bowl.
- Use hands to evenly distribute ingredients among ground beef.
- Pour mixture into crock pot, shape into a loaf.
- Top with ketchup or salsa, spreading evenly on top of loaf.
- Pour milk on bottom of crock pot (this keeps the meatloaf moist and from sticking to the pot).
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
My hubby & I love this. It is just right for my small crock pot. Saltines are fine for the crackers & Pace Picante sauce is great for a topping. Thanks, 'lil cooker.
Thanks for the easy recipe! I would have never thought about adding the milk in the bottom of the crockpot!
Great Recipe! I am not usually successful at wonderful meatloaf, but it doesn't get any easier than this! It was terrific! Thanks for the recipe!