Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
A very tasty version . And it's easy because you use frozen meatballs, either your own recipe or commercially prepared. Recipe from BH&G.
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar canned mushroom slices, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup snipped dried tomatoe (not oil-packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed'
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) packagesfrozen fully cooked meatballs
- polenta (see below) or 4 cups hot cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except meatballs and polenta or noodles in the crock pot. Stir to mix well.
- Stir in the meatballs. Cover the crock pot and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Note: To make the Polenta: In a large saucepan bring 3 cups milk just to a simmer over medium heat. Meanwhile in a bowl combine: 1 cup cornmeal, 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir slowly into hot milk. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally. Can stir in extra milk if too thick. Can also stir in 2 tablespoons butter.