6 hrs 35 mins
Lorraine of AZ's Note:
A very tasty version . And it's easy because you use frozen meatballs, either your own recipe or commercially prepared. Recipe from BH&G.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar canned mushroom slices, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup snipped dried tomatoe (not oil-packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed'
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen fully cooked meatballs
- polenta (see below) or 4 cups hot cooked noodles
- 1Combine all ingredients except meatballs and polenta or noodles in the crock pot. Stir to mix well.
- 2Stir in the meatballs. Cover the crock pot and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- 3Note: To make the Polenta: In a large saucepan bring 3 cups milk just to a simmer over medium heat. Meanwhile in a bowl combine: 1 cup cornmeal, 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir slowly into hot milk. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally. Can stir in extra milk if too thick. Can also stir in 2 tablespoons butter.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Meatballs in Dried Tomato Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.7
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 320.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: