Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
These are baked meatballs that are simmered in a brown gravy in a crockpot. Served with mashed potatos and peas is the way we like to eat them. I don't know the actual ounce size of the gravy packets, but I was asked to type something to clarify it. The packets make 1 cup, so I think you'll be able to figure out what I mean. :)
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 green pepper (finely minced or processed)
- 1⁄2 yellow onion (finely minced or processed)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (unflavored)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon worcestershire pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 (1 1/4 ounce) packets brown gravy mix
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl except gravy mix.
- (mix will seem very wet, but that's ok).
- Form 24 meatballs and place in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20 mins, then crank oven to 425 for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Make Brown Gravy according to package.
- Put meatballs in crockpot and cover with the hot gravy.
- Simmer in the crockpot for 3-4 hours.