Recipe by Terri Newell
This is from the thrifty fun newsletter, and it's awesome. I tried it on the stove top, and it couldn't have been easier or tastier. If you like big, juicy meatballs in a mildly spicy tomato sauce, this is for you.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onions, diced or 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 28 ounces pasta sauce
- 16 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 14 ounces tomato puree
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first six ingredients.
- Form 16 balls.
- Mix remaining ingredients in crock pot.
- Add raw meatballs, stir very gently to coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours.
- Note -- I simmered on the stove top 3 hours instead of using my crock pot -- it was too small!
- Serve over spaghetti.