Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
You will not believe how easy this is! I found this recipe in Taste of Home's "Simple and Delicious" magazine.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen meatballs
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Dump the meatballs (still frozen) in the crock pot.
- Add the jar of gravy and mix it to cover all.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir in the sour cream and warm through about 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve over noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.
This was good but next time I'd cook for only 4 hours on low. Most of my gravy evaporated and my meatballs stuck to the sides of the crock. The sour cream helped remoisturize and it tasted good.
What a great idea for a super quick dinner. I used about 2 cups of leftover beef gravy and Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream. When adding the yogurt, I did stir in a 4 oz can of sliced mushrooms. I had some trouble getting the yogurt to mix into the sauce without over stirring and breaking up the meatballs. Next time I may remove the meatballs from the gravy, mix in the other ingredients and add back in the meatballs. This was served over poppy seed noodles and a tossed green salad completed the meal.
Super easy and tasty. I had to compromise and make on stove-top but it worked out. Thanks for sharing.