Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
In the child's story, Stone Soup is literally made with a stone plus other soup ingredients neighbors might have and a delicious soup is made. In this version, the stone is omitted but you still end up with a delicious soup, and one that is easily made as well.
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen italian meatballs
- 1 (28 ounce) carton beef broth
- 1 (29 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium potato, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a 4-quart crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LO heat 9-11 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the frozen vegetables which have been thawed. Cover and cook on HI heat 1 hour.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Fabulous! DH was just diagnosed with Diabetes so I am collecting recipes to accomodate. This was simply delicious. I made my own mini meatballs using very lean ground beef. I also added 1/2 cup of barley. DH ate 2 bowls. Thanks for the help!