Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
In the child's story, Stone Soup is literally made with a stone plus other soup ingredients neighbors might have and a delicious soup is made. In this version, the stone is omitted but you still end up with a delicious soup, and one that is easily made as well.
Top Review by Marilyn Collari
Fabulous! DH was just diagnosed with Diabetes so I am collecting recipes to accomodate. This was simply delicious. I made my own mini meatballs using very lean ground beef. I also added 1/2 cup of barley. DH ate 2 bowls. Thanks for the help!
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen italian meatballs
- 1 (28 ounce) carton beef broth
- 1 (29 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium potato, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)