Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a wonderful soup made with frozen meatballs and lots of fresh veggies! It has morphed from the original recipe into my very own and my family loves it.
- 1 lb meatballs (frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant minced onion or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons shallots
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice or 4 chopped fresh tomatoes
- 4 cups broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 sliced carrots
- 1 zucchini, cut lengthwise then sliced
- 1 summer squash, cut lengthwise then sliced
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 4 -8 ounces cooked bow tie pasta
- grated parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients except pasta in crock pot.
- Cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add cooked pasta and heat through.
- Top each bowl with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Do not be afraid to substitute different veggies for your own preference.