Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
A delicious, filling meal from your crock pot!
Top Review by um-um-good
VERY GOOD! when I saw this recipe posted-i HAD to try it. Unfortunately I didn't have all the ingrediants, so i did a few substitues. i also added one can of rotel tomatoes. i used navy beans and smoked hot italian sausage. The result was a really spicy, filling, tasty soup!!! we really enjoyed it. i will definately make this again. i was worried that the meatballs and beans would turn into mush cooking all day-NOPE! thanks for another terrific alternative recipe for my crockpot collection!!! great served with some crusty bread!!!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 12 ounces frozen meatballs, Italian style, thawed
- 8 ounces smoked sausage or 8 ounces kielbasa, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika