Recipe by bmcnichol
Adapted from Quick Cooking.
Top Review by clay russell
when i first looked at this recipe i thought it looked interesting but i knew it would need more spice to suit me. i started out by adding 5 cloves minced garlic to the onions and hamburger. then some tony chachere cajun seasoning along with the salt and pepper. i substituted beef broth for the water and added a tsp hot sauce for good measure. after it started cooking it started to look dry so i added 16 oz of tomato sauce and i tsp each of basil and oregano. in hindsight i would have added another 1/2lb of hamburger. it took another hour to cook and it reminds me of beefaroni. tasty.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) jar salsa
- 5 cups cooked medium egg noodles
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and drain.
- Transfer to crock pot.
- Add green pepper, corn and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour salsa over mushrooms.
- Top with noodles.
- Pour tomatoes and water over all.
- Then sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through.