5 hrs 10 mins
I wanted to free up my stove for holiday dinner, tried it today, in preparation for Thanksgiving. Found several recipes that start out on the stove and end up just staying warm in the crock pot. Will definitely be making mashed potatoes this way from now on!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 2 (4 g) packets sodium-free chicken stock powder (Herb-ox)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 small garlic cloves, peeled
When mashing potatoes
- 1Scrub and take any sprouting "eyes" out of your potatoes.
- 2Quarter potatoes, place in crock pot (I used medium sized one).
- 3Dissolve bouillon powder in water, pour over potatoes and add butter and whole garlic cloves.
- 4Cook on high 4 to 5 hours, until fork tender stirring half way in between.
- 5Mash potatoes in crock pot, DO NOT drain the chicken broth.
- 6Add half and half, butter and cream cheese and mash, mixing together until the potatoes are creamy to your taste, adding more half and half as needed.
- 7Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 105.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sodium-free chicken stock powder
low-fat whipped cream cheese