Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A core recipe for marinara sauce. 4 points for Weight Watchers
Make and share this Crock Pot Marinara Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian-style crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cups whole wheat spaghetti
- Mix all ingredients in a 3 1/2 to 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hour or high 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve over spaghetti.
This was a perfect complement to my homemade pasta! Wonderful flavor! Next time, I might saute' the onions and garlic in the olive oil before adding to the crock pot and then cut back on the cook time a little. A new staple to my recipe collection. Thanks!