Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Easy chicken in wine. A nice easy meal when you are gone all day.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml white wine, dry
- 290.58 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- Cut up 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in about 1 inch pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and lightly flour.
- Pour 1/2 cup white cooking wine into Crock Pot, add chicken.
- Add cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup chopped onions to Crock Pot.
- Do not add water as it makes its own gravy.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Serve over egg noodles or anything else you want.
Sometimes I just need a comforting crock pot meal and this fits the bill. The chicken was tender and tasted great. I served it over rice with a green salad and it was a perfect comfort meal. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2009.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #20* Knew DH liked a bit of "zip", I added a tad of garlic/chili sauce -- perhaps a "tad" too much ! The chicken was VERY tender and the sauce well seasoned. Served with wide egg noodles and green beans with mushrooms. There is enough for another meal for 2 of us. Thanks, Porfavorcarona, for posting ! ADDENDUM - there was just a LITTLE too much zip -- so I added about 1/4 cup sour cream to the leftovers. It thickened up and made a lovely "pink" sauce, still with some heat.
***** I made and photographed this recipe for the Camera-less Chef Game. This recipe is WONDERFUL!!! My DH and DD both loved it, and they can be hard to please. They both said they would like me to make it again! *****