1/3 Photos of Crock Pot Maple-Sauced Pears
3 hrs 20 mins
For an elegant dessert, place each pear upright on a pretty dessert plate. Spoon the sauce around the pear, and sprinkle with chopped toasted nuts or coconut. Spoon a big dollop of soft whipped cream alongside the pear, and garnish the plate with a twisted orange slice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel pears.
- 2Core pears from bottom, leaving stems attached.
- 3Place pears upright in slow cooker.
- 4Mix remaining ingredients except cornstarch and orange juice; pour over pears.
- 5Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
- 6Remove pears from cooker; place upright in serving dish or individual dessert dishes.
- 7Mix cornstarch and orange juice; stir into sauce in cooker.
- 8Cover and cook on high heat setting about 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- 9Spoon sauce over pears.
- 10**Use 1/4 cup honey instead of the maple syrup for a change of pace.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Maple-Sauced Pears
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.7
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 44.9 g
- Protein 0.7 g