Recipe by rsarahl
Tender slices of sweet potato in a fragrant sauce. The apple cider gives the sauce a little tang which pairs nicely with the sweet maple flavor. A great addition to any fall meal. An easy Thanksgiving side dish in the crock pot.
Top Review by Shannon Jennings
I made this for Thanksgiving, and it was awesome! It was great to make a dish that didn't need the oven or attention at the last minute. It looked a little funny at first, so I was nervous, but once it had cooked for the full 7 hours it looked great. (It really did take that long to cook, so you have to make it early...)
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled (about 2 - 2 1/2 lbs)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1 dash salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices and place slices in the crock pot.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, maple syrup and apple cider, pour over potatoes and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste just before serving.
- NOTE: Stir a few times during cooking, if possible, to keep the slices coated.