Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
- 5 -6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery & leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes, broken up, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 dashes black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 20 ounces minced clams with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- Fry diced bacon until crispy; drain and transfer to 3 1/2-quart or larger slow cooker/Crock Pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker/Crock Pot; Stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.