Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a pretty way to present a simple meal.
- 1 large mango
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Peel mango and remove flesh from seed and mash.
- Stir in lemon juice, honey, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Rinse and dry the chicken.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Spoon mango mix over chicken.
- Cover and cook low for about 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- While chicken cooks, make topping: Combine topping ingredients together in a small bowl and refrigerate.
- To serve, arrange chicken on serving dish and spoon mango drippings over chicken.
- Top each serving with a spoon of ginger curry topping.
This was a good recipe and fairly easy. We used chicken breasts as well and by boyfriend liked it so much he handed out the recipe the next day to someone at work.
This is a good recipe. It is easy to prepare and the leftovers are as good as the night before (if there are leftovers). I used chicken breast instead of chicken pieces, but that was the only change that was made.
Review for chicken only. I did not try the topping. The chicken itself came out tasting good and tender but just don't expect the mango flavor to come thru. The sauce was sweet and I poured it over the rice pilaf which was nice but no one would know it was mango after cooking for that long.