5 hrs 15 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Has a fruity but nicely Asian sauce that is poured over the potatoes when they get done. Not your everyday stuff.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, outer leaves removed, and split lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 pinch ground red pepper (to taste)
- 1Place ingredients into crock pot.
- 2Cover and cook on high for 4 1/2-5 hours or until potatoes are nice and tender.
- 3Remove lemongrass pieces and discard.
- 4Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 5Remove potatoes and keep warm; pour liquid from crock pot into a saute pan and reduce until it gets thick and syrupy, then pour over potatoes; serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Malaysian Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1215.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
lemons, zest of