Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My family LOVES the high fat version (Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese), so we slimmed it down without losing taste.
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, fat free evaporated milk and skim milk in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, reserving 1/2 c cheese.
- Pour into crockpot and sprinkle reserved cheese on top.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, resisting the temptation to lift the lid and peek.
The pasta turned out very dry and it didn't seem very cheesy.
This didn't work out quite right for us. The milk/egg separated to the top, so there was custard on top, and then the pasta part was dry. I think it does need to be stirred. It was also a bit bland.
My friends were raving about this at a party I took it to :) I used 16 oz whole wheat shells, I used extra cheese - grated swiss and sharp cheddar. I also added 1 tsp dry mustard and 1 onion that I grated. I think you have to stir it at least once or twice, just my opinion. Thanks for posting this!