Recipe by catpanclub2
From International Recipes.com
Top Review by kiwidutch
Great 4 star recipe with potantial for 5 stars that I will certainly be making again. Pasta Master fanatic DH approved even though it was a bit overcooked becuase he liked the taste. I left this on for 3 hours and the bottom edges were, well, starting to crisp and rather brown, but luckily not burnt... and the whole mix was solid, so stirring the mixture in the last step wasn't possible. My crockpot only has one setting so I now know for next time that either 2 or 2.5 hours would give a better result in my crock. This recipe is easy and tasty and DH approves, and even fussy DD tried one bite and said she 'quite liked it".. that definiately has potential. Please see my rating system: a 4 stars recipe with potential for more once I find the perfect timing for it in my crockpot. Easy comfort food meal that once I work on DD, the whole family can enjoy. Thanks!
- 226.79 g uncooked macaroni
- 3 (680.38 g) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, melted and cooled
- 340.19 g canned evaporated milk (not condensed)
- 3 eggs, fork beaten
- 4.92 ml salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 0.25 ml grated fresh nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook raw macaroni to package directions and drain.
- In a large bowl combine 2 packages of the cheese shredded, the cooled melted butter or margarine, 3 fork beaten eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir in the drained, cooked macaroni and mix well.
- Place mixture into the crock-pot.
- Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Cook Low Power 2 to 3 hours. Do not lift cover while cooking. When done, stir mixture, and serve at once.