Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is sort of a melange of several mac & cheese recipes, altered to fit my diet.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups English Stilchester cheese, shredded (or substitute 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese plus 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese)
- 3 fluid ounces evaporated milk
- 6 fluid ounces homogenized milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1⁄4 red pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- Cook macaroni according to directions on box.
- Sauté onion and red pepper in a little oil until they are just tender.
- Grease crock-pot with butter.
- Mix all ingredients in crock pot, cook on high for 30 minutes and then turn on low and cook for 2 hours.
Excellent. I have found you CAN also use this same recipe successfully IN the oven, covered. And, I love to add some Cheshire Cheese to it! THANKS