Recipe by Denise Powell
This is a modified version of a recipe I found a few years back in a magazine (don't recall which). My children love this and ask for it often and it is so easy to do that my young teen-ager can throw it together alone.
Top Review by sarahsanchez23
this was a big hit at a party i just went to everyone told me it was the best mac n cheese they had ever had! i did double the recipe & used an italian blend of cheese as well as cheddar & colby.it was very easy to put together. =]
- 1 lb macaroni noodles
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups cheddar cheese (seperated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni noodles (or other favorite style) in boiling, salted water until barely aldente; do not overcook as you still have many hours of cooking time; Note: salting your pasta water is the only time you can actually season the pasta itself; it really does make a difference in flavor.
- Place 1/2 cup butter into bottom of crockpot.
- After draining the pasta well, toss it into crockpot and mix with the butter; the heat of the fresh pasta will melt the butter.
- In a seperate bowl, blend together the evaporated milk, cheddar soup, and cup of milk; blend into pasta.
- Toss in 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, holding the last cup to side as topping ( I often mix cheddar and colby for a different flavor and sometimes parmesian if I have extra on hand).
- Cook in crockpot on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Add last cup of cheese on top last 30 minutes or so to allow to melt.