Make and share this Crock Pot Mac & Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g uncooked macaroni (I used a 1/2 bag of Trader Joe's Brown Rice fusilli) or 226.79 g hearty pasta (I used a 1/2 bag of Trader Joe's Brown Rice fusilli)
- 946.36 ml milk (I used skim cow's)
- 1 egg (Alison's recipe calls for 2. I only had one in the house because we had company over the weekend and)
- 946.36 ml shredded cheese (I used all cheddar)
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml dried mustard
- 6 slice bacon (optional)
- Spray crock well with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, whip egg and milk together. Stir in spices.
- Add cheese and noodles, and stir well to combine. Pour the mixture into the crock pot.
- It will be very liquidy.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-5 hours, or on high for 1-3. The cooking time will vary depending on what size crockpot you are using, and how quickly it heats and cooks. I was quite surprised at how quickly our pasta got fork-tender.