Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Mac and cheese recipe, adapted from several recipes that I have tried. Love it because once you load the crockpot you dont have to touch it again until it is time to eat. EASY!!
- 12 -16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne (optional)
- Turn on crock pot to allow to heat.
- Spray Crock pot with non stick cooking spray.
- Cook elbow macaroni per box directions, drain and place in mixing bowl.
- Add ALL remaining ingredients (with hold 1/2 cup cheese for top).
- Mix well.(you may have to add a little more milk to completely cover the macaroni).
- Place all into crockpot.
- Top with remaining cheese and cover.
- Cook on high for approximately 3 - 4 hours.
- Reduce to low and continue cooking until ready to serve.
- * all cooking times may vary depending on the appliance used *.
EXACTLY how I like my mac and cheese, and couldn't have been easier. Cooked 3 hours on high. Next time I'll be under cooking my macaroni a bit.
I made this for the a potluck at work and one of the girls described it as a "life changing moment". It was gone within the first lunch break! Delicious!
This is fabulous! I have lost my "Dinner Doctor" cookbook and this recipe is in that book which is such an easy mac & cheese recipe. The great thing about this is that you don't have to pre-cook the macaroni! I threw it all in the crockpot, set it on warm and after about 4 hours it is done! This is my daughters' favorite mac & cheese recipe. Thanks so much!