Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A recipe that is good on those cold nights that you don't want to come home and cook. Serve with side salad and your favorite bread.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into pieces
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 cups parsnips, cut into cubes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaf
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- Mix first ten ingredients together in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or until pork and vegetables are tender.
- Mix together flour and margarine.
- Gradually add to stew and stir until blended.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 to 45 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Stir occasionally.