Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is a modified version/ compilation of several Lentil Soup recipes. The slow cooker makes it an easy busy-day recipe.
- 946.36 ml vegetable stock (or prepared bullion)
- 118.29 ml lentils, soaked overnight
- 78.07 ml quinoa, rinsed (and toasted, if desired)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4.92 ml salt (or to taste)
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Add all ingredients to 2-4 quart slow cooker, and cook 9 hrs on Low setting (or 4-5 hrs on High).
- Optional: Remove 1-2 C of prepared mixture, blend with food processor until smooth, and stir back into crock.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Delicious healthy meal!
Pretty darn easy and very good! I made exactly as written. I used black quinoa. Very satisfying. I skipped the pureeing option.