Easy to make in the crock pot. Warm and hearty, with a light smokiness from the ham.
Make and share this Crock Pot Lentil and Ham Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups lentils, uncooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb smoked ham, cut into chunks
- 2 quarts water
- Place all ingredients into crock pot.(6 qt or larger).
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until lentils are cooked to your liking.
- Remove bay leaf and thyme sprig before serving.