4 hrs 45 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
Was home sick and put this together. My husband that normally does not want to participate in rating a recipe said that this was 5 star resturant quality. Guess I couldn't ask for anything more. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, sliced 1/4-inch
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced 1/4-inch
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (3 -4 lb) chicken, whole
- 1 small lemon, sliced thin
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups broth
- 1/2 cup apricot-pineapple preserves
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Layer in crock pot in this order, onion, carrot, mushrooms, bay leaf and chicken.
- 2Put sliced lemon on top and inside of chicken.
- 3Mix together the stock, apricot/pineapple preserves, cumin, ginger, coriander, garlic and salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- 4Set Crock on high and cook for 4 hours, I basted every so often. Being sure that none of the preserves stayed on top of the chicken to get dried out.
- 5After 4 hours, remove chicken allow to cool, debone and deskin, chopping into chunks.
- 6While chicken is cooling mix cornstarch and water add to crock, this will not thicken alot but just enough to give it body.
- 7Add chicken back to crock, turn to low and simmer for another 20-30 minutes.
- 8Serve as soup or over rice.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Lemony Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.3
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 107.1 mg
- Sodium 307.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 30.2 g