Recipe by Tish
This is so yummy. We had used lemonade as a marinade for chicken and it was wonderful...tried it in the crock pot and amazing! The gravy is fantastic
Top Review by Michael Stok
Sorry, but I did not like this recipe. I was very interested in the use of lemonade, but it provided a taste that was, to me, odd. This dish ended up tasting somewhat like a lemon/orange type of oriental chicken dish...too sweet!
- 4 -6 pieces chicken (breasts and legs)
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange chicken pieces in crock pot.
- Combine lemonade, brown sugar, vinegar, and ketchup and mix well.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from pot, cover to keep hot.
- Transfer liquid to saucepan.
- Skim fat; combine cornstarch and cold water and add slowly to liquid, while stirring over low heat.
- When thickened, serve with chicken over hot rice.