Recipe by Outta Here
This makes a tangy flavored meat for sandwiches and salads. Marinade could be used for chicken breast, also. Adjust cooking time down.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Tremendous sale on turkey breasts and I remembered seeing this recipe. Always looking for easy meals for my crock pot, this seemed just perfect as it would yield lots of leftovers more many different uses. I marinated my turkey for 20 hours before cooking. The results were just marvelous a falling apart tender meat which was bursting with citrus and herbal flavors. I just loved it. The pan drippings were too strong to use alone so I mixed two parts strained and skimmed drippings with one part broth and thickened ever so slightly with some arrowroot. Served with mashed cauliflower and steamed broccoli and carrots it was a divine comfort meal. Thanks mikekey. Made for the Went to the Market Game.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast (not boned roast)
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate zest from lemons, and juice them.
- Mix zest and juice with remaining marinade ingredients.
- Place turkey in a nonmetallic dish.
- Spoon marinade over turkey, turning to coat breast.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours, or (preferably) overnight.
- To cook, place turkey and marinade in the crock pot, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until tender.
- Serve hot.
- To use for salads or sandwiches, cool; cover and refrigerate.
- Slice or chop.