Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another Great Recipe from a Betty Crocker Magazine. The best wasy to make a turkey!
- 4 -5 lbs bone-in turkey breast, thawed if frozen
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Spray a 5 - 6 quart Crock Pot with with cooking spray. Place turkey in cooker. In small bowl, mix butter, lemon peel and garlic; rub over turkey breast. Sprinkle with thyme and lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Cover; cook on LOW heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove turkey from cooker, cover turkey to keep warm. If desired, skim fat from juices in cooker. Pour juices from cooker into 4 cup microwavable measureing cup. In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices in cup. Microwave uncovered on HIGH 2 - 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture thickens. Serve with sliced turkey.
This was an easy recipe and the flavors, while subtle, were discernible. I made the recipe according to the directions, but eased up on the thyme since my daughter is not fond of that particular herb. Thanks for sharing!
Wonderful recipe and the turkey was definitly falling apart tender BUT the flavor was bland for turkey (the turkey had a great taste) but I could not tell anything about the lemon, garlic etc. I will make this again but with alot more garlic and lemon peel. Thank you.
This is excellent! Alot of flavor. I was out of fresh garlic, so I used garlic powder. Makes great sandwches the next day!!