Recipe by Audrey M
Another Great Recipe from a Betty Crocker Magazine. The best wasy to make a turkey!
Top Review by Chris Reynolds
This was an easy recipe and the flavors, while subtle, were discernible. I made the recipe according to the directions, but eased up on the thyme since my daughter is not fond of that particular herb. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 -5 lbs bone-in turkey breast, thawed if frozen
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 5 - 6 quart Crock Pot with with cooking spray. Place turkey in cooker. In small bowl, mix butter, lemon peel and garlic; rub over turkey breast. Sprinkle with thyme and lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Cover; cook on LOW heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove turkey from cooker, cover turkey to keep warm. If desired, skim fat from juices in cooker. Pour juices from cooker into 4 cup microwavable measureing cup. In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices in cup. Microwave uncovered on HIGH 2 - 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture thickens. Serve with sliced turkey.