Prep 3 hrs
Cook 8 hrs
This easy recipe requires a little prep time but is well worth it with tender, juicy chicken breasts.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a large food storage bag, place lemon juice, oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add chicken. Close bag and marinate in refrigerator 3 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and pour marinade over.
- Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours, or until tender, basting occasionally with the marinade, if possible.
- You may add frozen broccoli and carrots about 1 to 1 1/2 hours before done.
It was pretty good, I didn't have the time to marinade for the 3-4 hours because I wanted it for dinner the same night, I only marinaded it for about half an hour. Chicken still came out nice and juicy. I used fresh rosemary since I had it on hand and garlic powder because I was being lazy. The only thing for us is we thought it was a bit too lemony. Next time I will use 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 water to dilute. I added a photo of mine since there isn't one.
Really enjoyed this one. Added fresh rosemary instead of dried and also added red potatoes, onion, and carrots. Got rave reviews. Thank you!