Recipe by trinityla
Just before the chicken is done, I like to put it in a 400-450 degree oven to crisp up the skin.
Top Review by Gerry
Like trying crock pot recipes, great to have recipes printed and ready to go for the days I am not in the kitchen. Always good to know supper is ready and waiting. Made as posted for a very nice meal. Think it would work equally well with chicken pieces which I will give a go next time around.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs whole chickens
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- oregano, to taste- at least 1-2 tsp- I use alot
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2-1 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Add chicken stock to crock pot.
- Wash the chicken and add to crock pot.
- Add lemon juice to chicken, save the skins.
- Rub spices all over chicken and inside.
- Add lemon skins to chicken cavity.
- Cook on High 4-6 hours Low 6-8 (This depends heavily on your crockpot's settings, adjust if necessary).