Recipe by MrsSPheonix
I think this originally came from a cooking show, but I changed it to suit my taste, by adding more lemon juice & more garlic. Also the recipe just says chicken breasts, but I have also used skinless chicken pieces.
Top Review by Ann K
When I made this recipe a few months ago, it didn't turn out good at all. I put it together in the morning and then left for work. My husband went home for lunch that day and called me to ask if the crockpot was supposed to be dry? Come to find out it was ready to eat right then? Four hours before I was ready. I checked all the settings and I had it on low. I still don't exactly know what the problem was. But, I would like to try it again. Only, I think I will do it on a weekend!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, lightly pounded (I have read in some crock pot recipes that people start with frozen meat to keep it tender. I haven')
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- (I use more pepper than salt, but that's my preference).
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add the garlic and rice.
- Add the lemon juice to the water and stir.
- Pour this mixture over the rice and chicken.
- Stir once to coat.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set on low for 8 hours.