Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is so delicious you'd never guess it was healthy!!! Recipe is from www.foodnetwork.com, courtesy of Kathleen Daelemans.
- Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add the garlic and rice.
- Add the lemon juice to the water and stir.
- Pour this mixture over the rice and chicken.
- Stir once to coat.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set on low for 8 hours.
- To plate, place a serving of the rice on each plate and top with 1 chicken breast.
- Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs.
Edit my Apr 14, 03 review due to spelling. This was a nice flavor combination of lemon and garlic. There was more liquid at the end of the cooking time then was needed. So to compensate I added about 3/4 cup instant rice. I believe I'll cut back on the water the next time I make this by 1/2 cup. Everyone in the family really liked this recipe. Thanks for sharing Conni.
I can't thank you enough for this recipe. It was just wonderful. Nice garlic taste with a hint of lemon. Definately not overpowering. I reduced the liquid as suggested by the previous reviewer and found it was not enough. Had to add some additional during the last half hour. In my crockpot it was done after cooking 6 hours on low.I will be making this often.
Perhaps I cooked it too long, but this didn't turn out well for me. The chicken was very dry and the rice soggy. I also substituted some fat free chicken broth for the water.