Recipe by PugsAndKisses
This is so delicious you'd never guess it was healthy!!! Recipe is from www.foodnetwork.com, courtesy of Kathleen Daelemans.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Edit my Apr 14, 03 review due to spelling. This was a nice flavor combination of lemon and garlic. There was more liquid at the end of the cooking time then was needed. So to compensate I added about 3/4 cup instant rice. I believe I'll cut back on the water the next time I make this by 1/2 cup. Everyone in the family really liked this recipe. Thanks for sharing Conni.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, lightly pounded (3 to 4 ounces meat per person)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add the garlic and rice.
- Add the lemon juice to the water and stir.
- Pour this mixture over the rice and chicken.
- Stir once to coat.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set on low for 8 hours.
- To plate, place a serving of the rice on each plate and top with 1 chicken breast.
- Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs.