Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Serve this with rice.
Make and share this Crock Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chicken breast halves, skin and fat removed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Mix oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub into chicken.
- Brown chicken then transfer to a slow cooker.
- Place water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon granules in skillet.
- Bring to a boil, loosening browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours or until almost tender.
- Add parsley and baste chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
Very flavorful dish that turned out quite dry after 5 hours on low setting in crock pot. Next time around I will definitely increase liquid from the recommended 1/4 cup to at least 3/4 cup.
I cut the recipe back to 2 breasts, made the whole portion of sauce. Perhaps cutting the recipe back caused the chicken to be very dry. After reading all the reviews I only cooked it for 4 hours on low but still very dry. Even though I followed the recipe for the liquid amounts the lemon for some reason did not come through.
Yummo, full of flavor and the meat was very tender! I did use 1/2 cup of stock rather than the granules & water because I thought 1/4 cup may have been too little. I think 1/2 cup turned out to be about the minimum to keep it moist because not much liquid came out of the chicken breast. In fact next time I think I'll use 1 cup so a little sauce is left for the rice, it would go really well over the top.