Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this recipe from a recipe site called annies.lemon chicken is sweet and tart at the same time. if you like lemons you'll love this.
- 1 chicken, cut in pieces or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can lemonade concentrate, thawed & undiluted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- Combine flour and salt and coat chicken.
- Brown on all sides in hot oil.
- Put in crock pot.
- Stir lemonade concentrate, brown sugar, vinegar and catsup.
- Mix well.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
The taste was really just ok to me. Got 4 stars for ease of making and for How easy it fell off the bone. Next time I'm going to do fresh squeezed OJ instead of lemon and add some pepper flakes and kind of go for an Asian flavor. Kind of a Panda chix flavor.
We loved this recipe. I uselimeade instead of lemonade, it was what was on hand. Also I have a lemon tree so we cut up two lemons and added it to the pot. I used leftover broth with some cornstarch and made a sauce to drizzle over the chicken and rice. Better than lemon chicken at the Chinese restaurant.
My son loves citrus flavored meats, this got two thumbs up, he loved it. Was very authentic asian tasting. I used boneless chicken breast and served with couscous. So easy as well!