Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Arrange chicken pieces in crock pot with larger pieces on the bottom.
- Combine lemonade, brown sugar, ketchup and vinegar and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Transfer liquid from crock pot to saucepan and skim off fat.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water and add slowly to saucepan while stirring over medium heat.
- When thickened, serve with chicken over hot rice.
Very easy to make. I too put my chicken in frozen & it came out just fine. I am only giving it 4 starts because only half of the family like it. But it is easy to make & tasty.
I loved this! The chicken just fell apart. I added a bag of stir-fry veggies at the end to make it a more complete meal. I also removed the chicken and just added the corn starch and water because my crockpot gets really hot.