Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Lemon Chicken is my favorite Chinese food dish.
- 4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Combine flour with salt.
- Coat chicken thoroughly.
- Brown chicken pieces in oil and drain.
- Stir thawed lemonade concentrate together with sugar, ketchup, water and vinegar.
- Place chicken pieces in crock pot.
- Pour lemonade mixture over.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours.
- Drain remaining liquid into a saucepan.
- Add cornstarch, stirring well to blend.
- Cook on medium till thickened.
- Add lemon slices, and pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve with rice.
My wife has tried this recipe a few times for me in the past and i always enjoyed it. Has'nt made it for me in a long time and hope she does again soon.