Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I love the flavour combination of lemon, garlic and herbs with lamb and this recipe fulfills my taste buds' expectations! This is not meant to be a roast, but is meant to be fall apart soft - almost like a Mediterranean flavoured "pulled lamb".
- 3 1⁄2 lbs leg of lamb, preferably bone out
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- Using the crock pot's ceramic dish, mix together oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and nutmeg.
- Immerse leg of lamb into the mixture and cook on high for 6- 8 hours until falling apart.
- Just before removing meat from crock pot, mix together mint, sugar and vinegar in dish and microwave for 30 seconds until vinegar is hot enough to melt sugar.
- Remove meat to serving platter and pull apart with forks until you have chunky shreds of meat.
- Drizzle over mint vinegar and serve piping hot.
Wow, loved it. When I deboned the lamd, I removed all visable fat. The only difference I made was to sit the raw meat on the juiced lemon rinds after immersing. When the meat was cooked I removed it from the crock pot, and made a gravy with the juices (no fat came to the surface at all). Then put the meat back into the pot and kept warm until serving.
Delicious and so easy to do. Used fresh oregano (1 tablespoon). I would consider re-naming it fall of the bone lamb, the leg I used was 3 1/2lb and the meat succulent. Thank you Bokenpop for a keeper.
Awesome....a real hit with everyone. Key is, leave the lid on.....don't open it up. Trust that the meat will be tender. I think mine would have been tons more tender if I had left the lid shut.