I love the flavour combination of lemon, garlic and herbs with lamb and this recipe fulfills my taste buds' expectations! This is not meant to be a roast, but is meant to be fall apart soft - almost like a Mediterranean flavoured "pulled lamb".
- Using the crock pot's ceramic dish, mix together oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and nutmeg.
- Immerse leg of lamb into the mixture and cook on high for 6- 8 hours until falling apart.
- Just before removing meat from crock pot, mix together mint, sugar and vinegar in dish and microwave for 30 seconds until vinegar is hot enough to melt sugar.
- Remove meat to serving platter and pull apart with forks until you have chunky shreds of meat.
- Drizzle over mint vinegar and serve piping hot.
Wow, loved it. When I deboned the lamd, I removed all visable fat. The only difference I made was to sit the raw meat on the juiced lemon rinds after immersing. When the meat was cooked I removed it from the crock pot, and made a gravy with the juices (no fat came to the surface at all). Then put the meat back into the pot and kept warm until serving.
Delicious and so easy to do. Used fresh oregano (1 tablespoon). I would consider re-naming it fall of the bone lamb, the leg I used was 3 1/2lb and the meat succulent. Thank you Bokenpop for a keeper.
Excellent flavor. Big hit with the family served on white rice with pan fried asparagus.